As companies continue to shift more of their marketing to online content, having the ability to internally make these changes are more important than ever. In the past companies had to rely on a developer to build, up-date and maintain their site. Check out a few of our sites we’ve done.
Building your site in WordPress lets you maintain your own site without expensive developer tools or extensive knowledge of websites. You can easily add functionality, change the appearance, modify content, upload images, and much more with almost any browser. You can select multiple security levels to designate the user’s access or ability to modify content. From basic desktop, mobile, and custom apps, to fully integrated accounting, inventory, shopping cart, language and currency converters we tailor solutions for you.
Here is a list of commonly used technologies that we specialize in:
- Big Commerce
- .Net, ASP.NET
- WCF/Web Services
- Active Directory
- Exchange web services, XML, XMLA, MDX, TSQL, DMX, SSRS, MS SQL, SSAS, Data Mining, Win32 APIs, and more.
Here are just a few advantages and features included in our websites:
- Provides PHP and MYSQL support
- Compatible with YouTube, Google, Apple and PC and mobile devices
- Mobile Responsive
- Tags are much easier to add and configure over traditional websites
- Built in CMS Content management system
- Select multiple security leaves to designate user’s access or ability to modify content.
- Dealer login with multiple prices levels can be created
- Designed to interface with existing databases
- New content is published instantly
- Galleries can be included for all pages, all products, and text can be added to each image
- Photos can be uploaded and published instantly even with your phone
- The built-in visual editor is simple to use, even for beginners so you can see changes immediately
- Content editor that shows the pages in real time as they are created
- Allows users to download pdf forms, images, installation instructions and more
- Social Media Links included for (Facebook, Twitter, Google+)
- Social Media Sharing plugin included for (Facebook, Twitter, Google+)
- Social Media Feeds included for (Facebook, and Twitter)
- Customizable Search fields
- Dealer locator
- Contact forms
- Customizable form fields
Content Management System
WordPress is a content management system using open source software that is intended to allow management of your website without a lot of technical knowledge, developer tools or licenses. You do not need to be a programmer to use WordPress. It’s easy to develop and install custom modules. Most of the answers you need can be found in on-line in the many blogs operated by members of the WordPress community.
Fully Expandable Platform
The default functionality of WordPress can be expanded by adding third-party modules, either from an existing library of modules, or through in-house development of custom functionality. The framework provides basic functionality such as security, user administration and content management, while modules are used to tailor the web site for specific deployment needs. A module can be uploaded and automatically installed on a WordPress site through the administration pages. Once a module is added by the administrator, it can be placed on any of the pages in the web site and custom access permissions can be configured for.
Open Source Platform
Typically online websites are designed using a predesigned template. They use their own proprietary software so no one else can host, add new apps, modify content or SEO. The WordPress platform is designed with open source code that allows you to be in control of this fully expandable platform.
Big Fish designs our Mobile Response sites to detect the type device your customers are using to view the site. This automatically responds by adjusting the layout and/or content based on their screen size. Typically we consider widescreen desktop, laptop or tablet, and mobile phones. This increases interaction with users, and SEO to your site.
Apps Make Life Easy
Utilizing thousands of commercial apps (including hundreds of free apps already designed) allows BIG Fish to reduce costs. We can custom build apps for almost any need to help you increase productivity, performance, and enhance your on-line users experience. Specialty apps are also available for Android, Blackberry, IPad, IPhone, IPod Touch, TouchPad, WebOS, Windows Live Writer, and Windows Phones.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Content is picked up almost instantly by Google, Yahoo and many other browsers that ordinarily could take months with traditional sites. WordPress pages are automatically updated whenever new content or RSS feeds are added. This allows you to drive more traffic to your site without any additional work. For continued support BIG Fish offers affordable SEO packages customized around your specific needs.
WordPress platforms are Extremely Scalable
Your web site can be large or small and can grow as much as needed over time without requiring a migration to a new content management system. The WordPress platform can support an unlimited number of pages per web site and an unlimited number of web sites per instance.
Options and features also include:
- Shopping cart capabilities
- Inventory control
BIG Fish offers full ownership of our sites.
BIG Fish only designs sites that are custom built for you. In other words we don’t sell sites with predesigned templates limiting you to specific options and features, placement of images and content. Your custom built website once completed is considered your personal property. You can choose your own hosting company, and use your employees to continue to support your site as your company grows. We have over 20 years experience in web development so you can always call on us to help.